Monday, March 22, 2010

I am an artist… I am here to live out loud. - Emile Zola

Today I finished a nude. I have been really excited to do this one. We had a nude model last semester, but I missed it when I went to Scotland for a funeral. So, we finally had another nude model, and I am really enjoying this. I put a call out to my friends to see if anyone would be willing to send along a nude picture of themselves for me to paint, but no such luck. In the meantime, here is my first nude. It's acrylic ons a stretched canvas of 16x20 inches.




I have been feeling really inspired lately.  I feel something coming in my art. I am not sure exactly what that thing is, but I can feel it in the same way that a person with arthritis feels the rainstorms approach. It is a little intimidating, precisely because I don't know what it is. I'd like to just break open the shell, and release it, but I am not sure exactly how, so I wait as patiently as I can, and continue to "play" until then. Who knows, maybe the act of sacred play will release it.

I finished off a couple of other paintings, some of them just reworking bits and pieces that I wasn't satisfied with before, and others finishing off last details that had been left blank.

My apologies for the glare on these next few.


This one is a 16x20 oil on stretched canvas. I had a little more than 2 hours to get it done in class, so I finished off the hair at home.




This one I just reworked the background, as I really hadn't liked the look of it before. It's an acrylic on stretched canvas, and is 18x24.




You remember this guy? I simply added a 5 o'clock shadow. The nude and this guy will both be going into the show at the school, and a third  one will be as well, but I am not sure about which one that will be. I will post about that last one when I know which will be the third and final one to go into the show.

The show is called From Portraits to Abstraction, and will be at George Brown College, Fine Arts building, starting on April 16th, 2010. My work along with that of some other students will be available for purchase. Hope you get a chance to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment